Monday, June 22, 2009

My Role of Group Project

Last week, Dr.Gilbert assigned each student in class in one of the three groups. The groups were named after the RGB colors, red, green and blue. I am in the Red Team with two other classmates, Oscar Alejandro Baez Gonzalez and Aurora Dreger. Alejandro and I are in the music education program while Aurora is in the dance education program.

My role in this project is to create a website that can link all my piano students together. The reason why I had this idea is because I always thought it was unfortunate that my own students and parents do not have many chances to engage with each other. I would like this website to be a small music community for my students and parents.

This page will contain three main parts. First, the part where I will upload audio and video clips of many professional musicians' performance. I know that learning music instruments costs a lot of money as well as buying CD's and going to live ocncerts. Not every person can afford buying expensive CD's. But, I find that observing from the professional musicians is one of the best ways to motivate students and learn from. Therefore, I would like to offer my students this opportunity to watch the performers through this page.

The second part of this website will contain my students' recording works. I find it very important that my students can share and learn from each other. I like the idea that they are learning piano and music together. No one is learning music by themselves. This music community should help them develop their music learning interests.

The last part will be the comment page. I will have to figure out a way to make this page because I have not learned how to make posting comments yet.